Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm About Done With Ice Cream

Too much of a good thing is still too much.

Back in California, we only have ice cream on Sundays and we never to go out for ice cream. The kids know this practice as "Ice Cream Sundays." It works for us. But here in West Virginia, we splurge and go to "THE" Dairy Queen every night. We all join in the fun. That means I've had large Blizzards or Peanut Butter Chocolate Milshakes or Peanut Buster Parfaits every night for the last two weeks. That's a lot of ice cream. And a lot of calories. There are 730 calories in a Peanut Buster Parfait, 1140 in a large Chocolate Shake and 1360 in a large Blizzard!

I'm feeling it. I know I've gained at least 10 pounds on this trip. I'm not exaggerating. And I'm just about over it for the year. I think last night was my last night of ice cream for a while. Time to let my body recover. :)

The DQ was packed with customers last night.

No comments: