Thursday, July 19, 2007

Beginning The Journey West - Charleston, WV

We arrived in Charleston today, the State Capitol of West Virginia.

I had hoped to get you a great picture of the State Capitol Building, which has a beautiful 293 foot high gold dome. But it was pouring down rain when we got to town and we decided it was best just to head to my Uncle's house. The photo below was the best I could do at 70 mph. The capital buidling, believe it or not, is still the tallest building in West Virginia.
My Uncle Wendel and Aunt Jane are my favorite Aunt and Uncle. I'm not afraid to say that here. I've said it everywhere else I can say it, so it won't come as a surprise to very many people. My Aunt Jane is as calm a human being as your ever going to meet and my Uncle Wendel is as smart a man as I've ever known. I have such respect for both of them. You can check out my Uncle Wendel at the Turner & Johns website.

I didn't get a good picture of the West Virginia State Capitol Building, but I did get a good photo of the button collection hanging on the wall in my Aunt and Uncle's game room. It's not quite as impressive, but close. :)

No comments: